[sylpheed:36808] Re: using a python program to send e-mail with sylpheed

Rich Coe rcoe at wi.rr.com
Sat May 4 12:43:06 JST 2019

On Fri, 3 May 2019 08:58:23 -0500
Ranjan Maitra <maitra at email.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 May 2019 08:44:32 -0500 Rich Coe <rcoe at wi.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2 May 2019 01:07:50 -0500
> > Ranjan Maitra <maitra at email.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Anyone have a suggestion on how to make a send-mail facillity written in python can work here?
> >
> > You are bypassing the existing, working smtp client in sylpheed with another,
> > exactly similar, smtp client which you have made in python.
> >
> Thanks for writing. You are correct, but my workplace requires me to
> access e-mails using MS Graph. I have successfully figured out the
> send/retrieves, but would still like to use sylpheed.
> Hence it is essential for me to figure this out. I do not want to
> go away from using sylpheed.

I used to have to inteface sylpheed with exchange.  I used davmail,
http://davmail.sourceforge.net/index.html

One way to solve your issue is to write a server similar to davmail that
talks the MS server for mail using 'Graph' (rest) and does smtp/pop/imap for
interfacing with sylpheed.

    MS-Mail  <--->  your server program  <--->  sylpheed

You could write it in python, but you do not want it to read/write to the
terminal because the server will be running in daemon mode.
A common way to solve this problem is to have a config file that contains
the necessary creditentials and configuration in a file that is read by
the program at startup.