[sylpheed:36806] Re: using a python program to send e-mail with sylpheed

Ranjan Maitra maitra at email.com
Fri May 3 22:58:23 JST 2019

On Fri, 3 May 2019 08:44:32 -0500 Rich Coe <rcoe at wi.rr.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 May 2019 01:07:50 -0500
> Ranjan Maitra <maitra at email.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone have a suggestion on how to make a send-mail facillity written in python can work here?
>
> You are bypassing the existing, working smtp client in sylpheed with another,
> exactly similar, smtp client which you have made in python.
>
> There is nothing in the python script which sylpheed does not do already.
> The script does prove that with the correct authorization, you are able to
> send smtp mail at work.
>
> If you added your smtp and authorization configuration to sylpheed and it
> does not work, maybe report what went wrong.  Looking at the 'log' from the
> tools menu might be useful.

HI,

Thanks for writing. You are correct, but my workplace requires me to access e-mails using MS Graph. I have successfully figured out the send/retrieves, but would still like to use sylpheed. Hence it is essential for me to figure this out. I do not want to go away from using sylpheed.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan
--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.