[sylpheed:36830] Re: Windows - associate sylpheed to right click menu "send to mail recipient"

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Thu Jun 6 08:58:16 JST 2019

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 19:43:45 -0400
Michael Weiner <spam at cogit.net> wrote:

> You may be confusing "mailto:" with "Send to". The successful "Send to"
> solution was recently described. It is not a default but a new
> "SendTo" link to Sylpheed with the "--attach" parameter.
>
> "Mailto:" can be set with the registry changes below, shown in the form
> of a .REG file. You would replace the Sylpheed path with your own.
>
> Mike

Hi,

no, I wasn't. I meant setting Sylpheed as Mail client.

Indeed, I downloaded the installer so it does by itself what would be
a nightmare at hand to fill the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients
\Mail" subkey.

And even then, even with the default Windows clients setup there plus
Sylpheed, even setting Sylpheed as default mail client, W7 still said
there wasn't any mail client set up.

As I said, my restrictive setup may be the culprit.

I won't dig anymore on this. I don't need it ;) I just have W7
installed for emergency purposes.

Regards.