[sylpheed:36829] Re: Windows - associate sylpheed to right click menu "send to mail recipient"

Michael Weiner spam at cogit.net
Thu Jun 6 08:43:45 JST 2019

You may be confusing "mailto:" with "Send to". The successful "Send to"
solution was recently described. It is not a default but a new
"SendTo" link to Sylpheed with the "--attach" parameter.

"Mailto:" can be set with the registry changes below, shown in the form
of a .REG file. You would replace the Sylpheed path with your own.

Mike

________________________________

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\mailto]
@="URL:MailTo Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""
"EditFlags"=dword:00000002
"FriendlyTypeName"="Sylpheed MailTo"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\mailto\DefaultIcon]
@="E:\\data\\utils\\sylpheed\\sylpheed.exe,0"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\mailto\shell]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\mailto\shell\open]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\mailto\shell\open\command]
@="\"E:\\data\\utils\\sylpheed\\sylpheed.exe\" --compose \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto]
@="URL:MailTo Protocol"
"EditFlags"=dword:00000002
"FriendlyTypeName"="Sylpheed MailTo"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\DefaultIcon]
@="E:\\data\\utils\\sylpheed\\sylpheed.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell]
@="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command]