[sylpheed:36778] Re: Error occurred while processing messages.

diniz diniz at posteo.net
Tue Apr 2 22:42:03 JST 2019

Thank you for the tip. I usually launch it from an application menu (haven't customised task bar yet). I just tried from the command line (replying right now from this session): the error remains.

Initially thought the issue comes up when trying to move messages to trash or junk (using the buttons), but since then realised I just cannot move any message to another folder.

PS: Now realised that when I move messages manually by drag'n'drop, the error pops up but the messages is actually moved anyway... although only into my custom folder: this doesn't work into trash or junk. So, my inbox starts to saturate (even more since with a new email client and untrained spam filter I get much junk mail).

But: filters work fine! so Sylpheed actually *can* place messages into other folders (boxes).

It is necessarily a bug since my email folder is /home (so there is no question of access rights or whatnot). I searched several times on the internet but nothing useful pop up.

diniz

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 08:21:30 -0400 Stefan Vorkoetter <stefan at capable.ca> wrote:

> Hmmm. Are you launching sylpheed from an icon, or from the command line? I sometimes see similar issues when launching it from an icon, but never when launching it from the command line. I had started debugging the issue, but haven't had the time to get very far. I'm curious whether you're seeing the same issue.
>
> Stefan
>
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 13:35:24 +0200
> diniz <diniz at posteo.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have just installed Sylpheed 3.5.1 on Lubuntu. I get the above
> > error when trying to move messages to trash or junk.
> >
> > Plus, Sylpheed occasionnally freezes and blocks. I checked the EMail
> > and .sylpheed folders which look ok (nothing in subfolders
> > of .sylpheed).
> >
> > ---
> > diniz <la vida e estranj>
>

> --