[sylpheed:36715] Re: On my Sylpheed wish list

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.com
Wed May 23 02:26:58 JST 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018 18:53:12 +0200
Antonio Ospite <ao2 at ao2.it> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2018 09:07:51 -0600
> Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.com> wrote:
>
> What does the "To" of the _original_ message look like?
>
> I mean, sylpheed should already select automatically the "From" of the
> forwarded message starting from the "To" of the original message, if
> the original "To" is a configured account.
>
> However that does not work when the "To" is not in the account list
> like for example message received via a mailing list. And this
> behavior makes sense IMHO.
>
> In that case maybe a workaround is to override the Account using
> Folder properties.

As I stated in the OP, in the Win32 version the From is not coming from
the To of the email being forwarded, but always from the top email
address in my Sylpheed accounts, i.e., Config --> Edit Accounts. It's
the same one you've been seeing in my posts and your replies sent
directly to me. It's also the default. The ones that ought to show much
of the time, i.e., the addresses senders to me have used, are in the
Edit Accounts list; that's how I'm able to receive them in the first
place (!). Each time, I have to remember to use the From drop-down and
change the address I'm sending from. I've forgotten on occasion and
it's cost me some trouble. I hope that's clear.

> > Re-edit as Folder option: I don't see "Actions" or anything similar
> > in the Win32 version.
> >
> Ah, I never used Sylpheed on Windows, sorry. maybe someone else can
> help about that.

It looks like there are some inconsistencies between the Win32 version
and the other(s). That's what I'm trying to call to Hiro's attention as
my wish list.

Gene