[sylpheed:36714] Re: On my Sylpheed wish list

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Wed May 23 01:53:12 JST 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018 09:07:51 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.com> wrote:

> [sorry, I'm going to top post because of the length of your reply)

You can always reply in-line, and trim the unneeded parts. :)
See below.

> Forwarding: The received email addresses I typically want to forward
> from are in my list of accounts. With one, the only difference is the
> ending, .fm vs .com. With others, they are completely different.

What does the "To" of the _original_ message look like?

I mean, sylpheed should already select automatically the "From" of the
forwarded message starting from the "To" of the original message, if
the original "To" is a configured account.

However that does not work when the "To" is not in the account list like
for example message received via a mailing list. And this behavior
makes sense IMHO.

In that case maybe a workaround is to override the Account using Folder
properties.

> Re-edit as Folder option: I don't see "Actions" or anything similar in
> the Win32 version.

Ah, I never used Sylpheed on Windows, sorry. maybe someone else can
help about that.

Ciao,
   Antonio

--