[sylpheed:36691] Re: delay or extra cause for 'dead display update / no reaction' time

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Tue Mar 13 11:21:57 JST 2018

On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 22:25:01 +0100
Mertens Maatwerk <rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:57:33 +0100
> Javier <sylfiger at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Open the log window, under tools menu, before check IMAP servers and
> > see what is doing when it hangs. What it hangs it.
>
> I don't understand much of what I see there.
> I don't yet recognise any error; how far and when should I see that? I see some lines about imap actions.

Hi,

In the log window, at least in Windows OS, the errors are displayed
in red.

The errors that cause the delays are like "socket I/O" error text or
similar (I've seen at least 2 variants of that error).

> > And try the hints already told about timeout settings.
>
> How and where can I do that? is there a timing option somewhere?

(mine is in Spanish so forgive me if the text doesn't exactly match)

Tools Menu > Common Settings/Preference > Details Tab > Advanced panel

Try a value of 10 seconds. That would mean that instead minutes
stuck, in the worst cases, would mean just 20 seconds per account.

As a side note, from what you told in the first mail, as much
accounts you add interacting with slow servers, the more delay you
have. Is not about how many accounts you have, but how many slow
servers, or how slow, if just one, for several accounts, you interact
with.

But if you had one, and now two, and both have the same problem,
obviously, it doubles the time for check mails.