[sylpheed:36690] Re: delay or extra cause for 'dead display update / no reaction' time

Mertens Maatwerk rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Tue Mar 13 06:25:01 JST 2018

On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:57:33 +0100
Javier <sylfiger at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Open the log window, under tools menu, before check IMAP servers and
> see what is doing when it hangs. What it hangs it.

I don't understand much of what I see there.
I don't yet recognise any error; how far and when should I see that? I see some lines about imap actions.

> You can post the lines of the log with the error. Sanitize it of all
> private data before post. I case you can't copy directly from the log
> windowm, the log file is at the Sylpheed settings folder/path.

I will have a look there too.

> And try the hints already told about timeout settings.

How and where can I do that? is there a timing option somewhere?

> Check, just in case, non-blocking SSL connection for the account properties, too.

Is WAS checked at both accounts, I just switched both to non-checked to see what happens then.

> And don't forget to re-check your server settings:
> https://www.xs4all.nl/service/diensten/email/installeren/algemene-instellingen.htm

I will check them too, is not possible while editing this mail ;-)

Rien Mertens                   rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Mertens Maatwerk
Tweeberg 1A, 5246XL Rosmalen   KvKnmr:        50305980
T:+31 (0)73 641 5517           BTWnmr:  NL093370374B01