[sylpheed:36687] Re: Socket IO timeout error

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Sat Mar 10 03:55:18 JST 2018

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 11:41:05 +0000 (UTC)
stef204 <notvalid at nomail.nul> wrote:

> > From here, mainly for Hiroyuki.
> >
> > But, in the other hand, Sylpheed has sometimes understandable-but-dumb
> > behaviors as send a LOGOUT command after a timeout in a LOGIN command.
> > If the server had problems to reply, what do you think would happen
> > after a LOGOUT command for an unknown status session??? (we don't know
> > if the server was, actually, able to validate the credentials).
> >

> I am not sure I understand the above: it is a quote from Hiroyuki?
> How can we get get Hiroyuki to comment further on this issue?

Hi,

That text was for Hiroyuki (not quoting) and he already reads the
mailing list, I guess. At least sometimes replies.

Also you could "contact" him by filling a bug in the bug tracker,
anyway. I haven't done myself because of the version I use (by my
system) and that I don't consider a program bug but a non-desirable
behavior, but expected, understanding how are behaving the involved
servers and settings in Sylpheed.

http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/redmine/

Is frustrating, but normal. Just by default, the time is too much but
it is configurable.

> No matter what is said, the user experience is broken since Sylpheed
> started to behave this way.  I believe this problem was NOT present in
> 2.6 or 2.7.....

It is easy and safe under Windows to have a second Sylpheed
instance/install without mixing paths. As you are under Linux, I
don't have much clue, but if you can, try to use a 2.x and see if
still happens.