[sylpheed:36724] Re: IPv6?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sun Jul 1 23:22:02 JST 2018

On Sun, 1 Jul 2018 15:57:24 +0200
Frank Elsner <frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE> wrote:
> Thanks. That means that IPv4 is preferred and there is no switch to IPv6
> if IPv4 is unsuccesful. It should and IPv6 should be preferred.

I don't see this as a Sylpheed issue.  It works at layer 7 of the OSF
model, dealing with the application protocols (SMTP, POP, IMAP, NNTP).
IP is way down at layer 3.  (Assuming you have entered your mail servers
by name rather than an IPv4 address.)

One issue I've run into is with DNS providers and ISPs still preferring
IPv4, causing apps to use v4 rather than v6.

Something you could try is to go to ipv6-test.com and test-ipv6.com and
see if there's anything that may indicate an issue with v6 usage.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com