[sylpheed:36723] Re: IPv6?

Sun Jul 1 23:18:27 JST 2018

On Sun, 1 Jul 2018 15:57:24 +0200
Frank Elsner <frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE> wrote:

> > But I couldn't find any settings/command line options to force usage
> > of ipv6.
>
> Thanks. That means that IPv4 is preferred and there is no switch to
> IPv6 if IPv4 is unsuccesful. It should and IPv6 should be preferred.

I just checked and Sylpheed uses ipv6 as preferred network connection. I
have a dual stack network and A/AAAA DNS records for my mailserver.
When starting Sylpheed it chooses the ipv6 connection. If you want to
force ipv4 or ipv6 use a hostname with only an A or AAAA record. Or add
the hostname in /etc/hosts to force your client to use the address you
want.

R.

--
richard lucassen