[sylpheed:36725] Sylpheed not showing all attachments in the list below the headers

Michael Shell list1 at michaelshell.org
Tue Jul 17 15:21:44 JST 2018

  Greetings,

I'm using Sylpheed 3.7.0 on my Linux box. I've encountered an issue that
seems to have existed for some time (since at least version 3.4.1).

If I send an email with attachments to myself (or as a CC), I can see a
list of all the attachments at the top of the email (just below the
headers). However, sometimes when someone else sends me email, I only see
one attachment listed below the headers (in the example I have, it is the
*second* attachment), but if I scroll down through the entire
email/attachments I find that there actually are several of them
(e.g., 3).

Needless to say, this behavior can cause me to miss an attachment.

I want to always see all attachments listed just below the headers.

If I forward the problematic message to another account using Sylpheed
and then view it, I still see only one message listed under the headers.
However, when I forwarded it, Sylpheed did indicate that there were in
fact three attachments.

There isn't any email client mentioned in the headers of the problematic
example email I have, so I don't know the name of the email client that
produced the message that demonstrates the problem.

Looking at the email sources, my Sylpheed-created attachments (which are
listed just fine) look something like this:

--Multipart=_Fri__13_Jul_2018_09_11_01_-0400_V4Yg_VxV1mWYECu_

CiUgQSB0ZXN0IG9mIHRoZSBjb2xvciBwYWN...

while for the problematic email, they are like this:

--_006_121fa806031c427a8a64b3ddb9e61454foise_

CiUgQSB0ZXN0IG9mIHRoZSBjb2xvciBwYW...

Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

  Cheers and thanks in advance,

  Mike Shell