[sylpheed:36457] Re: Long delay/freeze after internet reconnection

Thomas White taw at bitwiz.org.uk
Mon Jun 20 20:21:39 JST 2016

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 12:35:59 +0200
Merlin Büge <merlinbuege at web.de> wrote:

> - Does anybody else experiences this?
> - How can I debug / solve this?
> - Maybe this is an issue which can only be solved in Sylpheed
> directly and therefore I should switch to another client?

Are you using more than one IMAP account?  I experience the same
problem, and it seems to be only when the second account is checked.
For some reason, Sylpheed realises quickly that the connection for the
first account has been broken but waits for a timeout on the second.  I
tried a bit of digging, and it seems to be somewhere quite deep within
the network code in Sylpheed.  Too deep for me to fix myself, but maybe
Hiroyuki-san can see an obvious place to look with this information.

My usual workaround is to re-start Sylpheed after a disconnection.

Tom

--
Thomas White <taw at bitwiz.org.uk> <taw at physics.org>
4E1F C14D 0E0A A014 FE5D 3FC6 C628 75D1 D4CA 4C30