[sylpheed:36290] Re: A performance problem (rant).

Peter Withey pete at pwithey.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 22:00:51 JST 2015

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 13:58:19 +0200
John Found wrote:

> I have POP3 access to the mail server. The e-mails are stored locally.
> The computer is not high end, but fairly fast:

FWIW.

POP3 here also.

> AMD A4-1200 2 CPU cores on 1GHz with 4GB RAM, HDD (not SSD)
> 64bit Linux Mint OS

Intel Core2 Duo 2.10 GHz, 3GB RAM, 64bit, Mint 17.1 but with SSD
not HDD. Maximum folder size 9400 messages. Opening, threading
and unthreading takes under a second.

> So, then maybe I have to change some settings in order to get more
> performance. But what?

Maybe, but I'm not aware of making any changes that may make that
sort of difference. The only obvious difference appears to be the
use of a SDD rather than a HDD.

Anybody using a HHD get the slow performance that John does?

Regards,
--
Peter Withey
Morden