[sylpheed:36289] Re: A performance problem (rant).

John Found johnfound at asm32.info
Sat Mar 21 20:58:19 JST 2015

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 09:59:13 +0100
Jens Jahnke <jan0sch at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 09:39:00 +0200
> John Found <johnfound at asm32.info> wrote:
>
> JF> For example, in order to open a folder with 15000 e-mails, sylpheed
> JF> needs 5..6 seconds. Even more it needs to switch between "thread"
> JF> and "list" views.
>
> some more details would be nice. For example are you using locally
> stored emails or something remote like imap?

I have POP3 access to the mail server. The e-mails are stored locally.
The computer is not high end, but fairly fast:

AMD A4-1200 2 CPU cores on 1GHz with 4GB RAM, HDD (not SSD)
64bit Linux Mint OS

So, then maybe I have to change some settings in order to get more
performance. But what?

Regards

--
http://fresh.flatassembler.net