[sylpheed:36313] incorrect encoding for e-mail domain – should be Punycode, not directly Unicode

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Wed Jul 22 01:05:33 JST 2015

I own an alternate domain to my main ASCII-only one, consiting of same
wording but including characters with diacritical marks – that is
secărică.ro.

Web page works ok with every browser I tried, but with e-mail there is
a different story, to some extent being application-dependant.

Speaking about Sylpheed, trying to send to liste at secărică.ro the
address is encoded directly in some Unicode transformation (probably
UTF-8), instead of Punycode. Because of this the massage is sent
physically, but the server returns an error
===
Hi. [...] This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't
work out.

<liste at secÄ_ricÄ_.ro>:
Sorry, I couldn't find any host named sec??ric??.ro. (#5.1.2)
===