[sylpheed:36392] Re: A list of Sylpheed issues, with request for comment

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Fri Dec 18 12:20:29 JST 2015

Hello,

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 13:50:33 -0800
yuuri <yd-syy at gurukun.info> wrote:

> 2 (important to me):
> I can't find a control to set (enforce) the TLS version that I'd like to use, which is currently v1.2.
> Does Sylpheed use v1.0 by default or does it use v1.2 whenever possible and automatically switch down when encountering servers that use v1.0?

If you use SSL tunnel setting ('Use SSL for IMAP4 connection' etc.),
any of SSLv3, TLSv1.0, TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 will be used depending on servers.
(requires OpenSSL 1.0.1 or higher to support TLSv1.1/1.2)

If you use STARTTLS command setting
('Use STARTTLS command to start SSL session' etc.),
only TLSv1.0 will be used.
(I think this should be fixed)

> 5 (not important to me):
> Filters cannot handle combinations of logical AND and logical OR (maybe by design, to keep the code simple?).
> Permanent workaround:
> Split complex filtering requirements into simple parts and create a separate filter for each part

This is because I couldn't come up with a smart UI design for the
nested AND/OR conditions.

> 9 (important to me):
> Just clicking on a new message sets it already to "read". This is most irritating and seems to be related to the existence of the lower right panel that shows the top lines of the selected message. There seems to be no option of chosing just a two-panel display (a list of mailboxes to the left and a list of the messages in the currently selected mailbox to the right).

For the latter, click the arrow button at the right-down corner of the
message list (summary) view, or 'View - Show or hide - Message view' menu
to toggle it.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>