[sylpheed:36319] Re: Change outgoing message From address

Siard shiems146 at kpnplanet.nl
Sat Aug 8 06:29:16 JST 2015

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 22:15 +0200 dilos wrote:
> > What I'm doing is this:
> >
> > I create an account and a folder for each username.
> > The 'From' address is entered into Configuration > Edit accounts >
> > select account > Edit > tab 'Basic' > Personal information.
>
> That would work, only then i need to create an account for every
> username i come up with.
> [...] And you have to select it manually before sending.
> Maybe a textbox where you can just enter the From: username would be
> a solution (partially).
>
> What i do now is change Mail address in Account preferences for every
> single msg, which is a little cumbersome.

At least, selecting the 'From' manually looks like an improvement to me.

Until a couple of years ago I used KMail. It had the option - and still
has - to freely enter/edit the 'From'-address.
I have not seen this option in Sylpheed yet. However, I accomplish the
same thing through different accounts; I have about 10 accounts for this
purpose. It works fine, so there is no reason for me to go back to
KMail for this reason. A further advantage is that you can set more
account properties (such as the precise 'To'-address) for a certain
username.

However, if you would still like to freely enter/edit the 'From'
address, maybe submit a request? Add it to the wish list?