[sylpheed:36189] Re: Proper way to migrate from WinXP to Linux?

Javier meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es
Tue Sep 23 03:25:59 JST 2014

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:55:49 -0600
Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:15:31 +0200 Javier
> <meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm going to say a stupid thing, that is the reason I haven't replied
> > yet, but in Windows there is a sylpheed.ini, isn't there a Linux
> > equivalent?
> >
> > http://sylpheeddoc.sourceforge.net/en/faq/sylpheed-faq-2.html#d0e1507
>
> Linux is much different than Windows (in many more ways than just
> Sylpheed! :-) )
>
> The files in question for Linux are:
>
> 	~/.sylpheed-2.0/accountrc
> 	~/.sylpheed-2.0/folderlist.xml
> 	~/.sylpheed-2.0/sylpheedrc
>
> Editing the path definition in folderlist.xml or restarting from zero as
> I did in my previous response is the way to change it.

Hi,

Nice it worked.

I know Linux is different, I just don't use as my main OS and now
I don't have even a partition for it. **That's the reason I said I was
going to said a stupid thing**, because I couldn't test how Sylpheed
runs on Linux, but as I saw who started the thread desperate... I
tried to bring some light or possible path to fix.

Regards.