[sylpheed:36185] Re: Proper way to migrate from WinXP to Linux?

uhel at gmx.net uhel at gmx.net
Tue Sep 23 01:14:35 JST 2014

> Gesendet: Montag, 22. September 2014 um 17:48 Uhr
> Von: Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net>
> An: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
> Betreff: [sylpheed:36184] Re: Proper way to migrate from WinXP to Linux?
>
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 00:49:47 +0200 uhel at gmx.net wrote:
>
> > I didn't notice this option until now but I get "Rebuilding the folder
> > tree failed" when using it. In the terminal window I can see
> > "chdir: No such file or directory"
> > errors for every "Mailbox (MH)" I try to rebuild. sylpheed is looking
> > under /home/<user>/ for the "Mailbox (MH)" not in /home/<user>/Mail/.
> >
> > How can I fix that?
>
> Now that's a good question!

Maybe I should restart this thread with the subject
"how to tell Sylpheed where the mailboxes are" to get more attention?

> Using your terminal window, are the directories there? Use the command
> "ls -o". In the left-most column, you will see the permissions. The
> permissions for a directory should be drwx------.

As an example for this account the error message Sylpheed gave me is
"/home/<user>/uhel at gmx: chdir: No such file or directory"
which is correct because the mailbox resides in /home/<user>/Mail/uhel at gmx.

Mail has drwxr-xr-x and the mailboxes in ~/Mail also have drwxr-xr-x so the
access rights shouldn't be a problem.

> Craig

thanks for looking into this

regards uhel