[sylpheed:36183] Re: All emails have disappeared completely!

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 23 00:09:57 JST 2014

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:54:21 +0200
Ralf Hutter <rhutter at posteo.de> wrote:

> 1. Of course not.
> 2. Of course. That's why i can write you these emails.
> I repeat, the problem i have is with sylpheed. As far as i know it
> stores the emails in the Mail folder which it actually creates by
> itself. But not any more, in my case.
> Ralf

I find that sometimes computer behavior seems inexplicable, or takes
months before I figure it out - and the cause is not what I thought.
While it doesn't explain what happened, I hope you have a backup copy
of the Mail folder.  It's for moments like this that I do a system disk
file backup every three days and create a restore point at least once a
day.

Gene