[sylpheed:35521] Re: Code conversion error

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Tue Jan 15 02:23:28 JST 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:10:39 +0400 Anton Shepelev <anton.txt at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Craig:
>
> You probably have ISO-8859-1 in:
>
> Configuration -> Common Preferences -> Display ->
> Encoding -> Outgoing character encoding
>
> So when you've copy-pasted some Unicode symbols into Sylpheed's
> "Compose" window and pressed "Send", Sylpheed tries to convert your
> messeage into ISO-8859-1 but fails because some of the symbols are not
> present in this encoding. It then asks you if you'd like it to send the
> message in the original encoding, UTF-8.

BTW, this occurs for replying to some emails without copying and pasting.

The settings I have for encoding (with the window's notes) are:

	Default character encoding        Automatic

        This is used when displaying messages with
        missing character encoding

        Outgoing character encoding       Automatic (Recommended)

        If 'Automatic' is selected, the optimal encoding for
        the current locale will be used.

So it sounds like I should change from the recommended outgoing character
encoding to UTF-8.

Craig