[sylpheed:35587] Re: Mail Filters not working

Frank frank at mclien.de
Sun Feb 24 01:59:20 JST 2013

On Sat, 2013-02-23 at 11:07 -0500, Mike Hogg wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:00:01 +0900
> sylpheed-request at sraoss.jp wrote:
>
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 09:23:27 +0100
> > From: Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>
> > To: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
> > Subject: [sylpheed:35557] Re: Mail Filters not working
> >
> > Am 13.02.2013 20:39, schrieb Frank Lienhard:
> > > Hi List,
> > >
> > > I just changed from icedove/thunderbird to sylpheed and this is my
> > > setup: -a debian server running exim4/dovecot, which fetches all
> > > Mails from the ISP an works as IMAP server in my internal network
> > >
> > > I set up some Mail filters, which move Mails in some folders (e.g. my
> > > ISP puts a prefix "***SPAM***" to the subject, which the should be
> > > moved to the folder SPAM).
> > >
> > > Everything works , when used manually. But setting sylpheeds
> > > preferences to "filter new messages in INBOX on receiving" it doesn't
> > > work. I still have to filter manually.
> > >
> > > Versin of sylpheed is 3.2.0 (Build 1137) (from the debian wheezy
> > > repos)
> >
> > At least from my experince the filters are getting only applied
> > automatically on pop-accounts.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Frank
> >

> HI All,
> I've always run filters new message in INBOX on receiving with IMAP accounts just fine.  In my case I am pulling them off the IMAP server though, and moving them to local folders.  I don't know why it's not working for you, unless you are moving to IMAP folders, which I have never tried.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike

All my mail stays on the IMAP server (inside my local network). All
folders are on the IMA server, too, no message ever in a locl dir on the
client (thats what IMAP is all about, al least to me).

Trick/workaround for me is: Don't open/change into the INBOX folder,
when opening sylpheed. You then see the processing of the inbox messages
in the "bottom bar" (don't know the correct trem for that). Whenn action
stops there, change into INBOX, everything is filtered just fine.
Openeing INbox directly on startup, makes sylpheed stopping the
filtering somehow.