[sylpheed:35585] Re: Mail Filters not working

Mike Hogg me at themikehogg.com
Sun Feb 24 01:07:25 JST 2013

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:00:01 +0900
sylpheed-request at sraoss.jp wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 09:23:27 +0100
> From: Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>
> To: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
> Subject: [sylpheed:35557] Re: Mail Filters not working
>
> Am 13.02.2013 20:39, schrieb Frank Lienhard:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I just changed from icedove/thunderbird to sylpheed and this is my
> > setup: -a debian server running exim4/dovecot, which fetches all
> > Mails from the ISP an works as IMAP server in my internal network
> >
> > I set up some Mail filters, which move Mails in some folders (e.g. my
> > ISP puts a prefix "***SPAM***" to the subject, which the should be
> > moved to the folder SPAM).
> >
> > Everything works , when used manually. But setting sylpheeds
> > preferences to "filter new messages in INBOX on receiving" it doesn't
> > work. I still have to filter manually.
> >
> > Versin of sylpheed is 3.2.0 (Build 1137) (from the debian wheezy
> > repos)
>
> At least from my experince the filters are getting only applied
> automatically on pop-accounts.
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

HI All,
I've always run filters new message in INBOX on receiving with IMAP accounts just fine.  In my case I am pulling them off the IMAP server though, and moving them to local folders.  I don't know why it's not working for you, unless you are moving to IMAP folders, which I have never tried.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Mike Hogg <me at themikehogg.com>