[sylpheed:35914] Re: Add-On: OpenPGP with sylpheed

Javier meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es
Fri Dec 6 09:27:28 JST 2013

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 20:12:01 +0100
Frank Elsner <Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 19:36:33 +0100 Javier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Nice, but you need to understand something: Sylpheed doesn't decrypt
> > inline PGP encrypted messages. It only does when PGP/MIME is used. In
> > other words, when used OpenPGP recommendations, which defines MIME
> > signature/encryption.
>
> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> The header says:

> The test mail sent with sylpheed to myself and decrypted without
> Problems has

> I guess it is a "mutt" problem.

Hi,

Probably Mutt doesn't follow the standard, and even doing it
"correctly" (by adding the MIME), in the end it drops the message
inline, instead as a separate portion of the mail, which Thunderbird
+Enigmail decrypts because they know what to do with inline PGP texts.

About the second headers quote, the test to yourself, don't get
confused by the decryption. I mean, the MIME is still pgp-encrypted
but, when you decrypt, the headers are changed by those because they
are inside the PGP message block. Decrypt the PGP message block
separately and you'll find the 3 bottom lines even when you are
outside Sylpheed.

Regards.