[sylpheed:35763] Re: Sylpheed - Patch Install

cgw993 at aol.com cgw993 at aol.com
Wed Aug 28 06:35:07 JST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: sylpheed-bounces at sraoss.jp [mailto:sylpheed-bounces at sraoss.jp] On
Behalf Of tristan
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:07 AM
To: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
Subject: [sylpheed:35760] Re: Sylpheed - Patch Install

On 27/08/2013 19:22, cgw993 at aol.com wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.  On these mailing lists, should my response
> be at the bottom of the email or at the top? I am unsure of the etiquette
to use.
> What did you mean by Blag 140000, is the 140000 the version?   And what is
> Blag not supported by?   I also have Blag as it was listed on the website
of
> the Free Software Foundation as one  of the few completely free
http://www.blagblagblag.org/
Blag 140000is what is what you get when you download from their site its
based  on Fedora 14...17 is no longer supported,but i discovered Sylpheed in
Blag.....

That's too bad they are not supporting any more, but I will install the
other free versions as well, hopefully one or more of those are currently
supported.

*this is supported.. its 100% free of any proprietary sofware*:

> distributions of GNU operating system.    I dedicated a hard drive for
only
> Blag and when I boot, if I want to switch operating systems, I go into
> Bios and switch the order of the boot - not sure if that is the same
> thing as dual booting or not.
looks like it ie means you choose which one to use ..
>    Lately, in order to speed up my learning process I have installed
> Oracle Virtual Machine

VM you are a crack!!!i personnaly have had some difficulties on non
graphical installs and partioning.....getting out of subject i guess
>   and have installed Blag on that.   On
> that virtual machine I will be installing the other 5 or 6 completely
> free operating systems so that I can check them all out.
>
> I have Claws Mail installed as of today, it seems to be working on Windows
> 7.   Did you download from the official websitehttp://www.claws-mail.org/?
yes i did...microsoft?anyhow if i sign up to sylpheed its not to use
ClawsMail.
i just like the simplicity of its use .
That is what I am after as well.   I had difficulty figuring out how to get
the plug-ins installed for Sylpheed running in windows and after a 20 min or
so, looked for and installed an alternative, Claws which is working so far.

> I do want to get on over to a GNU operating system as soon as possible
> but still the process will take awhile.
well if you are trying them out in Vm box,you have more than an idea.its a
matter of choice some others might be able to help i'm a newcomer to all of
this myself.But its changed my approach and gnu+linux libre os are so much
more user friendly.

Good to know.   I am a newcomer too.  I like the GNU + Linux distros as
well.   The software seems to follow a more logical approach and is
predictable which I love.  With Windows, I struggled for years to figure out
the logic of it because I assumed it was there.  I never realized it was
intentionally designed to prevent users from gaining control over the
software.  I think that is really unforgiveable, they can never repay me for
the hundreds of hours of time wasted trying to figure out their bogus
system.   I do hate Microsoft for this along with the others (Apple, Adobe,
and the newest member of my scumbag list - Symantec).