[sylpheed:35760] Re: Sylpheed - Patch Install

tristan foxtail at gmx.fr
Wed Aug 28 03:07:07 JST 2013

On 27/08/2013 19:22, cgw993 at aol.com wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.  On these mailing lists, should my response be at
> the bottom of the email or at the top? I am unsure of the etiquette to use.
> What did you mean by Blag 140000, is the 140000 the version?   And what is
> Blag not supported by?   I also have Blag as it was listed on the website of
> the Free Software Foundation as one  of the few completely free
http://www.blagblagblag.org/
Blag 140000is what is what you get when you download from their site its
based  on
Fedora 14...17 is no longer supported,but i discovered Sylpheed in Blag.....

*this is supported.. its 100% free of any proprietary sofware*:

> distributions of GNU operating system.    I dedicated a hard drive for only
> Blag and when I boot, if I want to switch operating systems, I go into Bios
> and switch the order of the boot - not sure if that is the same thing as
> dual booting or not.
looks like it ie means you choose which one to use ..
>    Lately, in order to speed up my learning process I
> have installed Oracle Virtual Machine

VM you are a crack!!!i personnaly have had some difficulties on non
graphical installs and
partioning.....getting out of subject i guess
>   and have installed Blag on that.   On
> that virtual machine I will be installing the other 5 or 6 completely free
> operating systems so that I can check them all out.
>
> I have Claws Mail installed as of today, it seems to be working on Windows
> 7.   Did you download from the official websitehttp://www.claws-mail.org/?
yes i did...microsoft?anyhow if i sign up to sylpheed its not to use
ClawsMail.
i just like the simplicity of its use .
> I do want to get on over to a GNU operating system as soon as possible but
> still the process will take awhile.
well if you are trying them out in Vm box,you have more than an idea.its
a matter of choice
some others might be able to help i'm a newcomer to all of this
myself.But its changed my approach
and gnu+linux libre os are so much more user friendly.