[sylpheed:35759] Re: Sylpheed - Patch Install

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Wed Aug 28 02:55:54 JST 2013

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:22:42 -0700 <cgw993 at aol.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.  On these mailing lists, should my response
> be at the bottom of the email or at the top? I am unsure of the
> etiquette to use.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

> I dedicated a hard drive for only Blag and when I boot, if I want to
> switch operating systems, I go into Bios and switch the order of the
> boot - not sure if that is the same thing as dual booting or not.

Technically, that is dual booting, but it's more difficult than what is
typically meant by dual booting. In the simpler case, when your computer
starts, it runs a bootloader (like GRUB) that gives you a choice of which
of the operating systems on the disks in your system to run. That way you
don't have to go to the trouble of messing with the BIOS. It used to be,
too, that BIOSs did not support changing the order of the disks. In that
case you had to use a bootloader.

Craig