[sylpheed:35749] Re: selecting all mails matching certain fields

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 02:34:23 JST 2013

On Tue, 8/6/13, Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

 Subject: [sylpheed:35748] Re: selecting all mails matching certain fields
 To: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
 Date: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 1:43 AM

 Hello,

 On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 20:58:44 -0700 (PDT)
 Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com>
 wrote:

 >  > On Fri, 8/2/13, Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net>
 >  wrote:
 >  >
 >  > >  Hmmmm .... What version of Sylpheed
 are you
 >  using? What OS?
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >  RESPONSE: Sylpheed 3.4beta4 on Fedora 19
 (fully
 >  updated).
 >
 >  That might be a bug, since it's not a stable
 version.

 >  I'm using Sylpheed 3.3.0 on CentOS 5.9. You might
 want to
 >  try that
 >  (stable) version of Sylpheed.
 >

 > RESPONSE:  I have had this issue always with
 sylpheed but not with claws-mail. It may be settings but I
 doubt it since with the latest version, I started from
 scratch: no dotfiles other than in sylpheed.

 >  If it doesn't work, we may need some comments
 from
 >  Hiroyuki.
 >
 > RESPONSE:  Hiroyuki, can you please help?

 It seems that there are some confusion.

 There are three kinds of search feature exists on Sylpheed.
 - Find in current message (Ctrl-F)
 - Search messages (Shift-Ctrl-F)
 - Quick search (Shift-Ctrl-S) (the search entry above
 summary view)

 Quick search: you can only search by subject and sender,
 but you can select and move/copy/delete them.

 Search messages: you can search by any search condition,
 but you can only open a selected message, or save the result
 as a search folder.

 I recognized that the current Search messages dialog is a
 bit incovenient.
 I will add the feature to enable some operations to the
 search result of
 Search messages dialog in the future.

RESPONSE: Thanks, Hiroyuki! I think this is what I am looking for, the ability to perform some operations (eg move to a folder) to the results of a search. A similar functionality has been available for a long while on claws-mail so it may help to look at that source code?

Many thanks again!

 --
 Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>