[sylpheed:35748] Re: selecting all mails matching certain fields

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Tue Aug 6 14:43:42 JST 2013

Hello,

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 20:58:44 -0700 (PDT)
Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  > On Fri, 8/2/13, Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net>
>  wrote:
>  >
>  > >  Hmmmm .... What version of Sylpheed are you
>  using? What OS?
>>  >
>  >  RESPONSE: Sylpheed 3.4beta4 on Fedora 19 (fully
>  updated).
>
>  That might be a bug, since it's not a stable version.
>
>  I'm using Sylpheed 3.3.0 on CentOS 5.9. You might want to
>  try that
>  (stable) version of Sylpheed.
>

> RESPONSE:  I have had this issue always with sylpheed but not with claws-mail. It may be settings but I doubt it since with the latest version, I started from scratch: no dotfiles other than in sylpheed.
>

>  If it doesn't work, we may need some comments from
>  Hiroyuki.
>
> RESPONSE:  Hiroyuki, can you please help?

It seems that there are some confusion.

There are three kinds of search feature exists on Sylpheed.
- Find in current message (Ctrl-F)
- Search messages (Shift-Ctrl-F)
- Quick search (Shift-Ctrl-S) (the search entry above summary view)

Quick search: you can only search by subject and sender,
but you can select and move/copy/delete them.

Search messages: you can search by any search condition,
but you can only open a selected message, or save the result as a search folder.

I recognized that the current Search messages dialog is a bit incovenient.
I will add the feature to enable some operations to the search result of
Search messages dialog in the future.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>