[sylpheed:35726] Re: selecting all mails matching certain fields

Siard shiems146 at kpnplanet.nl
Thu Aug 1 18:59:52 JST 2013

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:03 -0600 Craig wrote:
> I am using Sylpheed 3.3.0 on Linux.

I am using 3.0.2 on Linux. For a few reasons, I prefer this one to
newer versions.

> I first tried using control-F and had no success.

That is expected behavior. Ctrl+F only finds text in the current
message.
If you use 'Search messages...' more often, then you could change those
shortcuts; I have this:

   Find in current message...   Shift+F
   Search messages...           Ctrl+F

To achieve this, click 'Edit' in the menu and let the mouse pointer
hover above 'Search messages...', then press Ctrl+F. You see the
shortcut changing in the menu.

If that does not work, then this is due to some GTK setting.
Then create the file ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and add this line in it:

   gtk-can-change-accels = 1

That should make it work.
There are other things that you could set here, e.g.:

   gtk-font-name = "Liberation Sans 11"

This determines the font and font size in the folder view and summary
view in Sylpheed. The message view font (preferably a fixed-width font)
can be set in Sylpheed itself.

BTW, after trying several fonts, I found Liberation Sans to be the best
looking one for this purpose. But ttf-liberation or fonts-liberation is
a package that has to be installed.
For the message view I have Lucida Sans Typewriter.