[sylpheed:35725] Re: selecting all mails matching certain fields

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 18:17:36 JST 2013

On Wed, 7/31/13, Siard <shiems146 at kpnplanet.nl> wrote:

 Subject: [sylpheed:35722] Re: selecting all mails matching certain fields
 To: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
 Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 4:38 PM

 wrote:

 > > So, this happens with all the e-mails in the list
 obtained as a
 > > result of the search?
 >
 > No, there is no search involved. You click on the
 "From" at the top of
 > the email list pane and all of the emails in that
 folder are sorted by
 > who sent them. You just highlight the ones
 corresponding to your
 > desired sender. You then move all of them by left
 clicking on the one
 > of the ones highlighted and dragging to your desired
 new folder. All
 > of the highlighted messages are moved.
 >
 > Try it; you have nothing to lose.

But this is not a general solution, sorry. Only works for "From",  etc. What about a search on the Body contains? Would this work? Don't think so.

 This method works fine indeed.
 There is, however, another method that does involve search.
 Under the list obtained as the result of a search, there is
 a button
 named 'Save to search folder'. Pressing it creates a new
 folder
 containing the messages from the search list, which you can
 then move
 or copy to any other folder.

 > P.S. You have Sylpheed set to quote incorrectly, which
 makes your
 > replies hard to read. Please fix it.

 Globe Trotter did not use Sylpheed. This is in his/her
 headers:

Correct! I post to sylpheed's ML using Yahoo! Use sylpheed for other IMAP-enabled e-mail. What is wrong with that?