[sylpheed:35724] Re: selecting all mails matching certain fields

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Thu Aug 1 06:03:57 JST 2013

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 22:38:32 +0200 Siard <shiems146 at kpnplanet.nl> wrote:

> There is, however, another method that does involve search.
> Under the list obtained as the result of a search, there is a button
> named 'Save to search folder'. Pressing it creates a new folder
> containing the messages from the search list, which you can then move
> or copy to any other folder.

I am using Sylpheed 3.3.0 on Linux.

I first tried using control-F and had no success.

I then tried using the search box above the email listing pane. After my
search, the email listing pane showed only those emails that met my
criteria, but there was no button.

I then looked on the menu bar to find what the control-F was the shortcut
for. Under edit, I found,

        Find in current message...          Ctrl+F
        Search messages...            Shift+Ctrl+F
        Quick search                  Shift+Ctrl+S

So, I tried Shift+Ctrl+F. Lo and behold, a new window titled "Search
messages" popped up with a "Save as search folder" button. Clicking on
the button allows me to specify a new folder in the searched folder, or,
by clicking on the " ... " to the right of the Location:, to save it
anywhere in my email hierarchy. Interesting.

> > P.S. You have Sylpheed set to quote incorrectly, which makes your
> > replies hard to read. Please fix it.
>
> Globe Trotter did not use Sylpheed. This is in his/her headers:

Oh! I had not caught that. That's bizarre; why would he be asking
questions about Sylpheed while using another email client? It sure makes
it hard to just "try it".

Craig