[sylpheed:35308] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.2beta9 released

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Tue Jun 19 23:01:29 JST 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:44:47 -0400 Bill Pratt <pratt at rogers.com> wrote:

> Always delighted to see a new beta. In this case, however, I'm lukewarm
> to the new UI.
>
> My preference for the message display has always been to not display
> the header pane and always display short headers on message view, so
> the two tabs above the headers work well. It is immediately apparent if
> there are attachments. Now, with the attachments button over on the
> right, it's not immediately apparent. Also, with my configuration in
> the new interface, there is now a wide, empty header pane.

I agree with Bill's sentiments; it is not immediately apparent if there
are attachments. It will certainly cause confusion for my wife, who is not
really computer literate and who has had a TIA (mini-stroke) recently.

I am using CentOS 5.8 Linux.

When I compiled the beta source, I kept the binary of Sylpheed 3.1.4.
After running Sylpheed 3.2.0beta9, I tried running Sylpheed 3.1.4 and got
the following error message:

$ sylpheed
sylpheed: Symbol `prefs_common' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking Segmentation fault

I presume I will have to clear out my .sylpheed-2.0 directory and try
again.

Craig