[sylpheed:35309] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.2beta9 released

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Tue Jun 19 23:29:21 JST 2012

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:01:29 -0600 Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net>
wrote:

> When I compiled the beta source, I kept the binary of Sylpheed 3.1.4.
> After running Sylpheed 3.2.0beta9, I tried running Sylpheed 3.1.4 and
> got the following error message:
>
> $ sylpheed
> sylpheed: Symbol `prefs_common' has different size in shared object,
> consider re-linking Segmentation fault
>
> I presume I will have to clear out my .sylpheed-2.0 directory and try
> again.

I `su -` to my wife's account and tried running and got the same message.
Apparently there are some runtime-loaded libraries that are different
between the two versions. I re-compiled and re-installed 3.1.4 and it
works properly now.

Is there any chance of having a choice between the two interfaces by
clicking a box in the "Common preferences..." window?

Craig