[sylpheed:35381] Re: Fw: sraoss.jp mailing list memberships reminder

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Jul 4 00:41:25 JST 2012

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 20:25:16 -0400
Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> wrote:

> Absolutely agree and in fact this password is not one used for
> sensitive data.  However, in my view, any reasonable system should never
> save a password in plain text, and never ever send it, unsolicited, via
> email if it does...
>
> If hiro doesn't want to change, that's fine, I just thought it
> important to ask the question.

The problem is mailman. It does not support storing passwords in an
encrypted format. Every data it stores is plain text.
I'm not sure whether you can disable sending passwords with the reminder,
but even if you could, it would not give you much security, as you
can request the password from the mailinglist.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin