[sylpheed:35373] fast folder selection and LC_CTYPE

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jul 3 05:10:24 JST 2012

Moin,

I have been using sylpheed with strange setting of LANG and LC_CTYPE
for a while now, because i need sylpheed to able to handle my "local"
language (german) well, while being able to type the strange remote
language (japanese). Ie. i've run sylpheed with the following environment
variables set:

LANG=de_CH.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8

The first one is to set my local language, the second one is to make scim
happy so i can type japanese. But the setting of LC_CTYPE seems to
interfere with a recent gtk update. Namely, the folder selection dialog
does not allow to type the folder name to be selected as soon as i
set LC_CTYPE. Ie when i was able to type "g" (folder dialog pops up)
"f" "o" "l" "d" "e" "r" and jumping to "folder", it does not work
anymore (ie does not do anything, key strokes completely ignored) when
LC_CTYPE is set.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem here is and how i could work
around it?

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?