[sylpheed:35064] GTK+ for Windows (was Re: Re: Request: Make dragging and dropping message(s) out of Sylpheed window save them as EML file(s).)

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Tue Jan 10 11:01:28 JST 2012

Hello,

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 11:42:46 +0000 (GMT)
pn361529 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Is there a reason why you are using such an old version of GTK+ for the
> Windows version of Sylpheed ;)? Basically already asked that there:
> http://www.sraoss.jp/pipermail/sylpheed/2012-January/004984.html

The newer version of GTK+ for Windows (>= 2.12.x) have *very* poor
performance about the drawings of CJK characters.
GTK+ <= 2.10.x does not have the problem.
Probably English and European language users will hardly notice the
performance degradation.

I think it might be caused by Pango or freetype module.
I really want to upgrade to the latest version, but I cannot until it
is solved.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>