[sylpheed:35066] Re: GTK+ for Windows (was Re: Re: Request: Make dragging and dropping message(s) out of Sylpheed window save them as EML file(s).)

pn361529 at yahoo.com pn361529 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 07:57:09 JST 2012

Hello,

> Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:
>
> I really want to upgrade to the latest version, but I cannot until it
> is solved.

if the issue you described is also true for version 2.24.8 (?), did you
file a bug for it on https://bugzilla.gnome.org/ then?

However, at least according to this:

"GTK+ 2.24, which is the final stable release of GTK+ 2.x"
http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.3/gtk-migrating-2-to-3.html#id1291440

it seems like GTK+ 2.24.X would be the last release of GTK+ 2 because
now there is the new GTK+ 3.

So, out of curiosity, are you already migrating Sylpheed to GTK+ 3 ;)?

Seems like GTK+ 3 for Windows would improve as well:

"* Win32 improvements:
  - Many fixes, making this the first version of GTK+ 3 that
    works well on Windows"
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gtk+/3.3/gtk+-3.3.4.news

And also seems like the Windows improvements of the latest GTK+ 2 have
also been "forward ported" into GTK+ 3:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTAxOTg

;)