[sylpheed:34642] Plugin system

Marco Bresciani m.bresciani at email.it
Sun Jul 10 16:45:07 JST 2011

Hello all,
   my name is Marco and I'm an Italian... future... user of Sylpheed. I'm now
using Thunderbird/SeaMonkey because I'm studying Japanese (and my wife is
Japanese!) and I'm completely addicted to the rikaichan plugin
(http://www.polarcloud.com/rikaichan/). Reading Japanese mails is quite
difficult since I'm still not used to kanjis (I think I only know a couple
of hundred of them...) so having rikaichan is pretty a must for me.

But on the other side, I think Thunderbird/SeaMonkey is pretty heavy and it
has many spurious feature that I mainly do not use, if not dislike at all.
One of the greatest Sylpheed features together with GNU GPL licensing, for
me, is the zip archive with its no-install mode that allows me to port my
emails and archive everywhere with no effort, no duplication/lost code and
so on.
   Obviously, thanks to PortableApps.Com I could even port a whole set of
applications, but they do not naturally born in portable mode so I think it's
a kind of... fake.

I'm neither a genius nor a technician, so I cannot do that my self, but I
would like to ask if someone can guide me in some way to help me working on a
plugin for Sylpheed that resembles rikaichan. :) Also, considering that
Sylhpeed comes from a Japanese person... well, could be a nice plugin to have,
also by default! ;-)

Well, promise I'll read the plugin specs, here
http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/wiki/index.php?PluginSpec , could someone help me
with this plugin?
   Material (a.k.a.: dictionaries) to be added (also used by rikaichan) are
the oen made by Jim Breen at Monash University, also used by almost 100% of
electronic dictionaries around. :) This is the online page
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1C and there is also
the possibility to download and used the files (just like rikaichan does):
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdicinf.html#dicfil_tag

Anyone?

Thanks,

Marco