[sylpheed:34644] Re: Plugin system

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Mon Jul 11 11:12:48 JST 2011

Hello,

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 09:45:07 +0200
Marco Bresciani <m.bresciani at email.it> wrote:

> Well, promise I'll read the plugin specs, here
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/wiki/index.php?PluginSpec , could someone help me
> with this plugin?
>    Material (a.k.a.: dictionaries) to be added (also used by rikaichan) are
> the oen made by Jim Breen at Monash University, also used by almost 100% of
> electronic dictionaries around. :) This is the online page
> http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1C and there is also
> the possibility to download and used the files (just like rikaichan does):
> http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdicinf.html#dicfil_tag

It is possible a plug-in to get the contents of selected text by
"textview_menu_popup" signal. It requires context menu to be opened by
right button click, though. You will be able to create a context-menu
based one ('menu -> Translate selected' or something).

I have created experimental Google search plug-in using this feature
(not released yet).

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>