[sylpheed:34963] Re: How to get useful printouts from Sylpheed on Windows?

pn361529 at yahoo.com pn361529 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 23:46:06 JST 2011

On Fri Dec 16 06:16
Gil Andre <andre.g at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Actually, this is exactly what I was going to suggest: get
> enscript for Windows:
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/enscript.htm
>
> I have used enscript to format my sylpheed email under Linux
> for a very long time now, it generates clean, very nice and
> readable postscript files.
>
> Do check the following information from the sylpheed mailing
> lists, you can probably adapt the information to your Windows
> installation:
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.sylpheed.general/4149
>
> Hope this helps!

Hello,

thank you very much for your reply.

Before i started this thread, i actually found those particular pages
already. But they didn't help me to adapt it to Sylpheed for Windows.
But thank you anyway ;).

I found something else about using enscript for Sylpheed on Windows:

Coming from this page:
http://claws-w32.sourceforge.net/index2.html#ExternalApplications
to this page: http://claws-w32.sourceforge.net/sylpheed/claws/scripts
i found this "ENSPRINT" script:
http://claws-w32.sourceforge.net/sylpheed/claws/scripts/ensprint.bat
intended to use with enscript and Sylpheed for Windows.

I guess i did everything which is described in the .bat file and do
assume that i set up all the pathes correctly.

For the ensprint file itself:
C:\script\ensprint.bat
And in the ensprint.bat file itself:
For enscript (resulting from default path offerend in the setup):
C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\src\enscript-1.6.3
For GSview (resulting from default path offerend in the setup):
C:\Program Files\Ghostgum\gsview\gsview
For GSprint (resulting from default path offerend in the setup):
C:\Program Files\Ghostgum\gsview\gsprint

(GSview seems to recognize the pathes/locations to Ghostscript
automatically)

Then i put "c:\script\ensprint.bat "%s" " (as decriped on the page
above) in "Configuration" ---> "Common Preferences" ---> "Details" --->
"External commands" ---> "Use external program for printing" in
Sylpheed for Windows.

Then, when trying to print, this happens:

A pop up with the following message pops up in Sylpheed:
"The message will be printed with the following command:
c:\script\ensprint.bat "%s" "

After pressing "OK", this happens:

GSview opens up and displays a pop up with the following message:
"File 'c:\temp.ps' does not exist"

On this message you can only press "OK" and that's it. Nothing else
shows up in GSview after that. Because of that i tried to manually
create an empty .txt file in C:\ location and renamed it to "temp.ps".

After that, the "File 'c:\temp.ps' does not exist" message does not
appear, and instead of showing nothing, GSview then displays an empty
white "page"... (basically "nothing", too... but "more" than before, if
you know what i mean...). Also after closing GSview, the "temp.ps" file
gets deleted automatically.

Is there anyone here who could possibly point out an error there and
help out? Are the pathes possibly incorrect? Or is there anyone who
could try it himself and see if it works for him?

Would probably be helpful for a lot of users who use Sylpheed on
Windows.

PS: if you can not help on the script from the page above, it would
also be helpful if someone could tell what a command would have to look
line in Sylpheed for Windows to print directly to a capable printer
with enscript only (so, without GSview and so on...) assuming one uses
the default installation path that is offered in the setup utility of
enscript for Windows.

If there would be someone here who could describe both methods (with
GSview and so on / without GSview and so on), that would be even better
of course :).

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings