[sylpheed:34942] Re: How to configure the posting style (Top-posting or Bottom-posting) in Sylpheed?

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Mon Dec 12 18:49:27 JST 2011

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:19:05 +0000 (GMT)
pn361529 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there really no one here who can answer that ;)?

OK, was it a joke that you top-posted?
If you did it on purpose, it was funny :).

> As already mentioned in the OP, this is not a request for changing the
> default posting style of Sylpheed or something like that, it's just a
> question about how to actually configure it.
>
> I guess it must be configurable somewhere because there even is a "Put
> signature before quote (not recommended)" option available and most of
> the people here are bottom-posting, while Sylpheed seems to default to
> Top-posting (placing cursor above quote) after fresh installation?

Just my opinion, which doesn't answer your question about whether the
behavior is configurable, sorry.

I never top-post but I don't really care about where the cursor is when
the reply is open because I scroll the message anyway to reply
_in-line_ item by item and to trim useless parts of the quoted message.

> Again, not even saying the default behaviour would be good or bad or
> whatever, just curious how to configure that ;). Couldn't find an
> option for that and Sylpheed doesn't seem to know the %X symbol (see
> OP).
>
> So, anyone ;)?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,