[sylpheed:34745] Re: Sylpheed v Claws

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 18:54:14 JST 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:26:56 +0100
James Freer <jrjfreer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was merely wondering what the current situation was [perhaps what
> i read was well out of date!]? I was not implying that Claws was
> still the development version. However, there do seem to be more
> issues raised on the claws list.

Sorry if I sounded too defensive. They are both stable, and which
one is best is down to user tastes.

Perhaps, (just perhaps), the fact there are more issues raised on the
Claws list is demonstrative of the type of users Claws attracts, or
that we facilitate user feedback more easily with the bug tracker,
etc., or that the Claws team (and users) are dedicated to interacting
with (other) users. Or perhaps something else! (I think it is
probably fair to say that many of the issues are corner-cases and the
majority of users are unaffected, and can't even reproduce them.)

Anyway, apologies to Sylpheed mailing list subscribers for going
somewhat off-topic!

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune