[sylpheed:34732] Re: firefox

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 18 04:35:40 JST 2011

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:21:02 -0400
Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Aug
> 2011 12:33:50 -0600 Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.fm> put fingers
> to keyboard and said:
>
> > Bruce, Maybe FF presents something unusual or I just don't get it -
> > wouldn't be the first time - but here are 2 screenshots of the boxes
> > I'm referring to: http://tinypic.com/m/etz6l2/1 (the second is
> > below). The only time the CP box didn't do it for me was due to an
> > unusual install of Opera. A reinstall fixed that.
> >
> > Gene
>
> I have essentially the same thing here (but no opera) and I have
> "Enable access to this program" *unchecked* for IE.   When I click on
> a mailto: link on a web page, Outlook Express 6 launches, not
> Sylpheed.
>
> I don't think your second screen shot matters as that's what browser
> to launch when I click a link in an email and that works properly.

I've found the "Enable Access" box is irrelevant to this and rechecks
itself. The key is to have Sylpheed and possibly Firefox open when you
check "Use my current e-mail program."  There may be additonal or better
instructions at the following pages:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Changing%20the%20e-mail%20program%20used%20by%20Firefox
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_mail_client

Gene