[sylpheed:34731] Re: firefox

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Thu Aug 18 04:28:46 JST 2011

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:06:07 -0400, Bruce Bowler wrote:

> It appears that if I used linux, there's a way to specify options, but
> not in windows.  I tried the
>  "c:\blah blah blah\sylpheed.exe --compose $1"
> idea but it says that's not a valid executable.
>
> I added the reg file (in fact, already had) but there doesn't appear
> to be a "use the program I've picked as default email client" option.
>
> Again, it's an firefox problem, so I guess I'll head over there and
> see if anyone over there as a solution...

I don't think it is a FF problem.

In fact on XP it simply works with Sylpheed, not sure about Vista or 7.
In XP go to Control Panel -> Internet Options (or simply open IE and go
to internet options there), go to Programs and set Sylpheed for default
e-mail client. Now it should work from whatever application wants to
compose an e-mail message.

(at least this works for me; I assume that Sylpheed must be installed
with the installer version in order to show in e-mail clients list).

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secarica.ro