[sylpheed:34720] Re: firefox

Gil Andre andre.g at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 18 00:23:08 JST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:11:58 -0400 Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> wrote:
> I should have added that I know about the --compose command line
> option and that I realize this is really a firefox problem...

Aha!

> In ff, there doesn't appear to be a mechanism to pass command line
> options to user specified programs so there's no way (at least that I
> can see) to open the compose window.  I asked here because I assume
> that I'm not the only sylpheed user who finds this "frustrating"

Linux here, using Firefox 3.6.19:

Edit > Preferences > Applications:

In the 'mailto' field: use 'others', select:
'/usr/local/bin/sylpheed'

THEN, before clicking on OK, I put double quotes around all this
and add --compose after Sylpheed.

On windows, something like this:
"c:\program files\sylpheed\sylpheed.exe --compose" should work.

This is totally off the top of my head, but it's worth a try.

Also, I think there is a more convenient way of configuring
this by typing about:config in the address bar of Firefox.
Then search for 'mailto' and you should be able to enter
pretty much the same thing.

Please let me know if this works...

--
Gil ANDRE				   gil [at] panix [dot] com
				andre [dot] g [at] wanadoo [dot] fr