[sylpheed:33946] Re: [ZyWALL Spam] Re: Fw: Re: Re: Two functions that does not work as expected

Stefaan A Eeckels Stefaan.Eeckels at ecc.lu
Sun May 9 07:16:21 JST 2010

On Sat, 8 May 2010 23:53:12 +0200
Raphael Frey <freyraphael at lavabit.com> wrote:

> Not exactly, but you almost got my point: left clicking on the
> minimisation button does minimise Sylpheed to the notificaiton area of
> the system tray (or panel).

Sylpheed has an option to minimise to the notification area:

Configuration|Common Preferences|Detail|Mimimize to tray icon

If checked, Sylpheed does not show up in the Window list when
minimised. In the same tab you can also determine if clicking the tray
icon mimises Sylpheed ("Toggle window on trayicon click").

> All other programmes that I know and that provide a icon in the
> notification area do however minimise to the window list when
> clicking on the minimisation button. These programmes do distinguish
> between a click on the icon in the notification area (which will
> minimise the programmes to the notification area) and a click on the
> minimisation button (which will minimise the programmes to the window
> list. Sylpheed does not distinguish and always minimises to the
> notification area which is not normal in my opinion.

You are correct that Sylpheed does not distinguish between the tray
icon and the minimisation button. It can however be mimimised to
either the tray icon or the window list using the option in the
"Detail" pane. In other words, adding the distinction should be easy.

--
Stefaan A Eeckels