[sylpheed:33759] Re: annoying main-window-follows-popup-window

MeloDramus melodramus at online.de
Fri Mar 5 05:26:29 JST 2010

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:00:45 +0200
Doruk Fisek <dfisek at fisek.com.tr> wrote:

> Thu, 4 Mar 2010 03:34:59 +0100, MeloDramus <melodramus at online.de> :
>
> > extend and not have it reduced to a windows clone. i use compiz,
> > exposé and lots of workspaces and lay out all "critical" windows at
> > certain, thoughtfully chosen places. they are meant to stay there.
> > and, i get very angry every time a window thinks it has to move to
> > the current workspace and place itself upfront.
> If I understand your problem correctly, this isn't the doing of
> Sylpheed but the window manager / desktop environment of your
> choosing AND it's configurable.
>
> For example in KDE, clicking on the north-left icon of the Sylpheed
> window opens a menu where you can select,
>
> Configure Window Behavior -> Window-Specific Settings
>
> where you can define all Sylpheed windows to be confined to a specific
> desktop. That way when Sylpheed produces a pop-up, it doesn't come-up
> on your active window but on the desktop it's defined.
>
> I'm sure there are similar setting in others.

compiz has lots of window-management plugins but none that can set
this :( also, the certificate-popup and the newVersion-popup behave
differently. there must be some status set by sylpheed. however,
accepting the certificate or clicking "don't show this...again"
also don't work. seems that updating to 3.0.0 broke some things.
i will now try reinstalling 3.0.0 (switched back to 2.7.1) with new
configuration. possibly IMAP works then too. the window placement will
definetly not work better then.

--
MeloDramus <melodramus at online.de>